Saturday, February 16, 2013

Just stumbled upon this blog again....

I had sort of forgotten it existed.  Thanks to Facebook, Skype and  Email the people who want to know what we're up to know what we're up to (and if I want to hide, I can hide).

It's funny to read through the posts from 2 years ago--almost to the day--and realize we've come so far...sort of.  No matter how long I live here I know there will always be encounters that throw me.  Those times when I have to stop and think...
"It's 2:00 is the post office open?"
"It's Sunday and I need bread for sandwiches for the kids' lunches tomorrow and the stores are all closed. Darn."
"Is the wine seriously that cheap?"

The encounters also include the amazing people who have come into our life.  Some live here and some have moved on but they have all added to this experience.  I only wish there was more time to email and call them on a more regular basis.  Darn the time zones!

I'm not sure what exactly the point of the entry.  Maybe the next will have a point.  Now, if I can only remember to write again.

No comments:

Post a Comment